Michael A. Cox
Attorney Michael Cox helps clients solve their debt problems through bankruptcy, debt settlement, foreclosure defense, and loan modification. Mr. Cox provides a free consultation to everyone and takes the necessary time to understand an individual’s particular circumstances before providing advice for the best path to financial freedom.
Mr. Cox has represented thousands of debtors in bankruptcy cases and routinely stops garnishments, foreclosures, repossessions, and evictions on behalf of his clients.
Find me on LinkedIn
Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy, debt relief through negotiation, foreclosure defense, and loan modification.
- Ohio, 2002
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Ohio, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2002
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Ohio, 2003
- The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- Juris Doctor – May, 2002
- The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- B.A. – June, 1999
- Major: Chemistry
- Minor: Political Science
- 2012 Fall Consumer Bankruptcy Seminar, “Shock and Awe” Defending Your Case, Credit Education Coalition, November 9, 2012
- 2010 Fall Consumer Bankruptcy Seminar, Professionalism: Our Professional Obligations In the Bankruptcy Arena, Credit Education Coalition, October 8, 2010
- 2012 Bankruptcy CLE, “Special Bankruptcy Issues” Panel, The Legal Aid Society of Columbus, October 22, 2012
- 2006 Fall Consumer Bankruptcy Seminar, “The Automatic Stay & Adequate Protection” Panel, Credit Education Coalition, September 6, 2006
- 2007 Bankruptcy Law Institute, “Dealing with the US Trustee’s Office Effectively and Efficiently, Columbus Bar Association, May 4, 2007
- 2010 Winter Seminar, “Chapter 13 Plan Math”, Credit Education Coalition, March 5, 2010
- 2010 Bankruptcy CLE, “Special Bankruptcy Issues” Panel, The Legal Aid Society of Columbus and The Ohio Poverty Law Center, September 29, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Columbus Bar Association, Member, Bankruptcy Committee, April 6, 2003 – Present
- Credit Education Coalition, Board Member, Former President 2014, Trustee Liaison Committee, September 4, 2004 – Present
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio, Judicial Liaison Committee , Member, September 5, 2008 – June 7, 2010
- Columbus Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Institute Planning Committee Member, October 2, 2009 – May 13, 2011
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro-Bono and reduced fee bankruptcy cases for The Columbus Legal Aid Society, September 1, 2003 – Present
2500 N. High Street, Suite 100, Columbus Ohio 43202
Get In Touch
Fill out our form below to reach our professional recruiters. We will contact you within 24 hours.